At Latitude Outdoors we believe in exceeding expectations in everything we do. We are driven to revolutionize the hunting industry by using innovation to solve problems that help our customers meet their personal goals. We are a 3-year old company experiencing significant growth in the outdoor/sporting goods market, and are searching for an individual to join our growing team as a Jr. Accountant managing several operational aspects of the company finances.
As employee number 6, this role is a key component of the team, directly engaging with our sales, customer service, and supply chain operations and reporting directly to the President/CEO. This role requires a person who is not afraid to get their hands dirty with daily tasks but who is also passionate about growing their personal skillset in parallel with the company. A current CPA license is not required, however, the expectation is for this individual to work toward achieving a Michigan license.
Role Responsibilities - Year 1
- Categorize transactions across all bank accounts and reconcile monthly statements in QuickBooks Online
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and General Ledger in QuickBooks Online
- Payables – create and schedule all bill payments
- Provide receivables aging and inventory value reports to lenders on a monthly basis
- Update the Cash Flow Planner tool in QuickBooks Online on a monthly basis, maintaining an accurate 12-month cash flow projection using our predefined processes
- Wholesale dealer network support
- Receivables – create and send invoices to and follow up with wholesale dealer network customers for on-time payment (collaborate with inside & outside sales support)
- Provide monthly account statements required for retail buy group(s), larger retailers, etc.
- Deposit payments made by check
- Track late payment frequency at the account level
- Maintain accurate product SKU information in QuickBooks for invoicing
- Maintain dealer accounts and associated pricing rules in QuickBooks for invoicing
- Create monthly retail sales team billed revenue report and send corresponding payment to contracted sales rep agency
- Vendor & Operational Bill Payments
- Create, maintain, and execute on-time bill payments for all supply chain vendors and operational expenses
- Have ability to send a combination of wire transfers, CC payments, and ACH transfers through QBO and match the corresponding transactions from bank feeds to the associated bills in QBO
- Maintain vendor account information
Role Responsibilities - Year 2 & Beyond
Note: Mentorship from an experienced, outside CPA resource will be available for training on the below responsibilities.
- Manage all state sales tax requirements through Avalara & Shopify including the addition of new states when Nexus requirements are met, ensuring accuracy of payments
- Asset depreciation schedules in QuickBooks Online
- Monthly P&L and balance sheet reports with insights
- Maintain monthly/quarterly KPI dashboard (gross margin, marketing spend/total revenue, monthly burn rate, budgets, etc.)
- Support financial discussions with banks, lenders, investors, etc.
- Support development of yearly projected P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Lead end of year tax planning, collaborating with outside firm
- Support data needs from QBO required for marketing KPI’s, CRM system, etc.
- Prefer 1-3 years of experience with QuickBooks Online
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment collaborating with the core team, national sales team, banking relationships, and interfacing with accounts payable personnel from the wholesale dealer network.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify, define, and resolve problems without daily oversight
- A passion for personal growth and exceeding expectations in their work
- Takes a honest, humble, and open-minded approach to daily life; enjoys finding creative solutions for continuous process improvement
Compensation & Benefits
- $50-60k salary depending on experience level
- Performance based bonus compensation up to 10% of salary
- Time Off: 2-weeks paid vacation + 10 holiday days +3 personal days
- 401k w/match available after first 90 days of employment
- health, dental, and eye care insurance – 80% coverage
Time & Location
|||Grand Rapids, MI|||||||||Wv5nZ.o0FLMLiOWt|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||YEAR|||range||||||50000|||60000|||true
- Full Time, Monday through Friday
- Flexible office & remote work schedule - must be able to visit the office regularly (especially in the fall time frame) to gather paychecks received by mail from wholesale customers
- Must be located in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area